Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Spring Training or Bust

My parents and I just booked tickets to go down to Palm Beach, FL for spring training baseball games the 3rd week in March. Woo-hoo!! Clayton was invited to big league camp and is pitching 2 innings in the Cardinals' exhibition game today. Clayton is the first draft pick in 11 years to be invited to big league camp (vs minor league) the year after being drafted. He's gotten a ton of attention and has a huge opportunity in front of him. He'll play in the minor leagues again this year, but there is a chance he could be called up later on in the year. So exciting!! The fact that he is there with the Cardinals right now is mind boggling.

This picture is of some of the Cardinal pitchers and catchers. Clayton is the one on the left with the "EN" on his jersey.

1 comments:

Jordan and Jandee said...

I think I definitely feel cool by association with this whole Cardinals jazz...way to go Tuna...P.s. I'm jealous you are escaping the cold to reach the sun...is it still as freezing up there as it is down here?