Saturday, February 16, 2008

Prevacid & Potty Training

Yesterday I took Audrey to the doctor for the first time in like 2 years. I've finally gotten tired of her waking up at night bawling because of heartburn. She doesn't throw up as much as she used to, but it pains me to see her in pain at night. Maalox hasn't been helping, so I haven't been able to do much for her. Poor thing. The doctor thinks something else may be going on, but we'll see how she does taking 1/2 a prevacid tablet each day.

Audrey completely FREAKED out at the doctor's office. She started screaming 0nce the nurse stuck the thermometer in her ear. She screamed the whole time the doctor was in the room and pushed him and totally kicked him too. You would've thought she was being tortured. A grilled cheese sandwich from Sonic made things better after we were done.

We've finally started potty training. Sigh. She's done pretty good, but this morning we found a stream of pee with soaked underwear on the kitchen floor. So gross. At least it was on the tile and not on the carpet. I've cleaned up a million throw up messes, but for some reason this potty stuff grosses me out.

6 comments:

Lindee said...

ha! i'd take pee over vomit anyday!

i hope the prevacid helps!

Kyndra said...

Good luck! NOT a fun time in motherhood.

laurel said...

So sorry about her heartburn! I hope it gets better. So Avery FREAKED at her 3 year check up - kicking the doctor, screaming, throwing up TWICE while we were there because she was crying so hard. You're not alone.

Good luck on the potty training. She'll get it eventually!

mandy said...

So sad about Audrey but so happy about your blog. I am a little blog-obsessed. It will be so fun to stay updated on your life. Now we just need to convince all the other girls to start one...

Bethany said...

That's so sad that poor Audrey has such bad heartburn. Hopefully the doctor can figure that out soon. Potty training is rough! Good luck!

Jessica said...

Good luck with the pt. we are struggling. Keep me posted on how it goes.