
Last night I picked up Audrey's binky and noticed how shredded it was. I've been paranoid that she would chew through it soon and choke on it in the middle of the night. So, I snapped the remaining strands and showed Audrey that "binks is broken." She was ok with taking it upstairs and then she went to sleep in a decent amount of time with no crying.
Well, this afternoon I took her down to her room for naptime and ofcoarse the first thing she said was, "want bink?" When I explained that bink was broken and all gone she just looked devastated. She started whimpering and whinning and pretty soon she was crying. The realization that her bink wasn't coming back was so sad and it took her 30 minutes to cry herself to sleep. Poor thing. It just breaks my heart. I would love to give her another one, but the weaning time has come.
I really didn't want Audrey to have a binky after one year, but since it helped soothe her to sleep I gave in. Anything to help her sleep longer was ok with me. I've been dreading this day for a long time because it has been so easy to put her to bed. But since she is 2 1/2 now I figure she'll be ok. I'm not a fan of kids having pacifiers past 2-3 years. I litterally cringe when I see kids sucking on one or their fingers. Just yuck. So, hopefully this transition period won't be too hard.
Wednesday, April 4, 2007
No more bink
Posted by Megan at 4:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
We are trying to do this with Avery! The same thing happened with two of them - so shredded I had her throw them in the garbage and say "bye bye paci" but we still have one left. I am just hoping she shreds it soon and we'll say goodbye. I'll have as hard time as her saying goodbye so I am dreading the day even though it needs to be done!
We may need you to come down & do the same for Brynlee:) She just throws a tantrum every time we try & take hers away. There's not much convincing we can do with her. Stubborn little bugger. Good luck with Audrey. Damon
good luck! how's it going?!
Post a Comment