Today was my brother's birthday and instead of making my awesome sour cream chocolate cake, I decided to re-create his favorite cupcake from NYC. The last time my mom and Nathan were with me in ny we happened upon an ice cream and cupcake store on 72nd street. We found some fun and yummy filled cupcakes that were made with the flavors of oreos, snickers, reeses pb cup, etc. Both Nathan and I fell in love with the oreo cupcake since it tasted just like an oreo.
So, today I spent 2-3 hours figuring out how I would make the cupcakes. After using 3 pastry bags, I finally figured out how to fill the cupcakes. I used a devils food cake box from the store and then modified a cream-filling recipe from All Recipes. I made the recipe twice (1-filling, 1-frosting), substituted whipping cream for the milk and then put in crushed oreos (w/out cream).
Here was my finished product: Yum!!
Thursday, April 12, 2007
Cookies & Cream Cupcakes
Posted by Megan at 11:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Yummy!!! Sounds like we will need you down here in SoCal with us for my birthday! :) Damon
They look just yummy! Makes my mouth water. If they are as good as your mint brownies then I would for sure pay to have some of the filled cupcakes... ENJOY
Yummy! I've been on an Oreo kick lately. (Bad!)
This post made me want the mint brownies you make so well. I want to run next door and get them - right now!
Post a Comment