Wednesday, April 11, 2007
Harry Potter Insights
Warning: If you have not read the sixth Harry Potter book do not read this post.
Several years ago when I was working for Deloitte in Salt Lake I remember a few of my coworkers freaking out over the HP books and about the first movie coming out. I couldn't figure out why they would be so ga ga over a children's book about magic. I thought they were crazy. Then a couple weeks after the first movie came out I went to see it as a last-minute-whatever thing and have been totally hooked since.
Last night I finished reading the sixth HP book for the 3rd time - in preparation for the release of the seventh book (July 21st - can't wait!). Today I visited a site I found after reading the book the first time and grieving over the loss of Dumbledore. I am by no means a HP sleuth who looks for and finds the clues that JK Rowling puts in her books, but I think it's fun to see what other people have dug up and what conclusions they come to - even if some of them are way off.
Two articles on this site were fascinating to me. The discussion about Aberforth makes sense to me, and I definitely think he will play a large part in #7. Brings a new meaning to what purpose the Hog's Head has and maybe he's helping Dumbledore (if he actually is alive). The second article is about R.A.B. and I agree that it could be Regulus Black. His potential middle name and the possible location of Slytherin's locket are kind of cool. Anyway, it gives me something to think about as I wait for the last book!
Posted by Megan at 5:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
James is knee deep into Harry Potter for the first time - it is exciting to relive it again - Harry just saw the half-Voldermort drinking Unicorn's blood!
Post a Comment