Thursday, March 22, 2007

Anticipation

This Sunday is my brother's mission farewell (going to Calgary, leaves in 3 weeks), and we're having the traditional lunch after the meeting. Lots of extended family members are coming up from Utah, and my brother is flying in from LA tomorrow with his wife and 2 kiddos. This week has consisted of much planning, cleaning, sorting, excitement and anticipation.

Tonight it just struck me funny how much of my week has been spent anticipating the events of this weekend. I've always loved looking forward to big holidays, birthdays, reunions, parties, etc., but it's always a bit sad when it all ends and I have to go back to normal life. Most of the time it seems like the physical and emotional preparation for these events is so much more time consuming than the actual event.

Its too bad that this kind of anticipation and excitement couldn't be bottled up and saved for the more mundane things that go on. Oh well, at least I know this weekend will be a good one. Lots of fun people, fun games, good food, and maybe a few conversations I might not want to have. :)

2 comments:

Jessica said...

We are excited to come home this weekend. It will be fun to see everyone. We will try and keep the unwanted conversations to a minumum. :) Get ready to get worked over in a game of careers, cards, whatever. Game on. Damon.

Meg said...

I can't believe he is old enough to go on a mission- I feels like Dam just got home and yet he has two kids and a wife :-) Time goes by way to fast... so try and enjoy this weekend with so much family being there... So much fun! Wish we were there to say hello!