Thursday, August 2, 2007

Zucchini Abundance

We have a garden overflowing with zucchini right now. I picked these huge suckers today, and we have 5 more sitting in the kitchen. I'm not a huge vegetable fan, so the thought of eating lots of zucchini doesn't seem too appetizing to me. Last night I made Orange-coconut zucchini bread and the night before I made japanese zucchini and onions. Both recipes were very tasty. So if anyone wants a zucchini recipe, here are two good ones:

Japanese Zucchini & Onions - I didn't have sesame seeds, so I put in a bit of sesame oil and also added some minced garlic

Orange-Coconut Zucchini Bread:

Mix well:
3 eggs
1 cup oil
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup orange sugar (1 cup of sugar mixed w/zest of 1 orange)

Add:
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp salt
1 tsp soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon

Add:
2 cups shredded zucchini
3 cups flour
1 cup coconut

Bake 325 degrees for 55-60 minutes
Glaze with mixture of pwd sugar and juice from orange

2 comments:

angie said...

that bread recipe looks yummy and you know i trust your treat taste!

Kyndra said...

I just made the Japanese Zucchini for dinner and it was so yummy (Dug says thumbs up too) - and now the zucchini bread is in the oven. The batter sure is tastey!