Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Voting & Competing

Yesterday I voted for the first time in 8 years. I didn't vote in the last election because Audrey was tiny and a pain in the rear to take anywhere in nyc. Nursing while standing in line just wasn't going to work. :) I wasn't real fond of either candidate in this election and I really despise all the campaining. So much information is distorted and neither candidate ever answers directly. It's all so negative, but I am happy that the Clintons aren't back in the white house. That would've been a disaster. It'll be interesting to see what "change" Obama brings with his presidency. If our country goes to pot we can just vote in Romney in four years, right? :)

After I voted I participated in my first online ticket to ride tournament. Yes, I am officially an online gaming nerd. I totally love the game and the way it's played online is similar to chess in a way. Much more thinking and strategy than you think. I played a best of 7 against a player ranked much higher than me, and I did myself proud winning 2 games and forcing a tie in one. Fun stuff!

2 comments:

ashley said...

Go Go Megan! holy crap thats way good! and way to vote it was my first time voting and it was pretty exciting! I am glad you played in the tourny and did way good. ha you are a nerd but its okay your little bro nathan use to play HALO ALL THE TIME! so i think yours is atleast a better game.

Lindee said...

My blog is now private. email me for an invite. lindee711@gmail.com