
Halloween was an interesting experience this year. Dam and Jess came up Thursday with the kiddos, so we've been partying for the last 3 days. We baked honey cookies, carved pumpkins, went the park and played games. Trick-or-treating was where it got interesting. At the second house we went to, Audrey started backing away when the candy was handed out. I thought she was just pulling her "unfriendly thing", so I grabbed some candy and slipped it in her bucket. She then got mad at me. At the next house she did the same thing, so I got more candy and she started bawling. She started crying at the next house, so I got a bit flustered at this point and put her in the car with grandma while the rest of us walked on. I eventually figured out that she didn't want any candy. Her preconceived notion of trick-or-treating somehow didn't include candy and the change in that resulted in her irrational freakout. Not something I thought would happen. What child doesn't want candy on Halloween?

2 comments:
I love Audrey's witch costume! That's so funny that she wasn't into the whole candy thing! Bethany
crew is so dang cute! has a cute costume.. what parent wouldnt be mad that she didnt want candy?
Post a Comment