Sunday, August 10, 2008

Best Relay Ever?!


Tonight I watched the men's 4x100m freestyle relay, and holy moly was that ever an awesome race!! The french team had totally smack talked saying they would crush the americans and would win gold. Well, look who gets to talk now?! The usa was behind going into the last leg of the race and the anchor leg was swam by Jason Lezak (who is the oldest male swimmer on the team at 32). He caught up to and barely edged out the smack-talking french dude for the win. He also swam the fastest (ever) leg of the race. All the commentators were saying over and over how this was the best relay they'd ever seen. Pretty dang sweet.

As a total sports fan I love, love, love the Olympics. I enjoy watching all the different events and I love the background stories of these amazing athletes. One of my brother's teammates is on the Olympic baseball team, so it will be fun to see how they do. So many fun things to watch over the next several days!

0 comments: