Monday, March 24, 2008

Spring Training

Ok, going from 30 degrees and two feet of snow to 80 degrees and green, green surroundings totally rocks. The red-eye flight to get to Palm Beach was a little brutal, but oh so worth it! We got there around 10 am Wednesday and then headed over to the practice fields. We spent about 5 hours watching some minor league games. I was a little too excited about sitting in the sun and put on sunscreen way too late. Now I've got sweet tan lines on my arms and my painful sunburn is peeling like crazy. I didn't quite get that the sun is a little more intense in Florida than it is in New York (at sea level).

Thursday was the Cards-Marlins game, Friday was the Cards-Orioles and Saturday was the Cards-Twins. Each game we had awesome seats (every seat is pretty awesome at that stadium) and I loved how close we were to the game - physically and having a little inside scoop on the players from Clayton. Friday we also saw Clayton throw a few practice innings in the morning before the other game. We got lots and lots of baseball in - spring training is like baseball heaven. We really enjoyed going down there and are definitely ready to go back again! Clayton will be playing for the Cardinals' double A team in Springfield, MO, which means he skips a level and will be two steps away from the big league team.

Audrey was a perfect little angel for her grandparents. She put herself to bed every night, had no potty accidents and was a happy little girl the whole time. She was really excited to see me when I picked her up last night, and that has to be one of the most heart-warming things ever. She kept giving me hugs, kisses and was all grins the rest of the night. She had a good time with her cousins but was definitely happy to see her momma. :)


6 comments:

Jessica said...

So you were pretty much in heaven right? Sounds like you had a blast. Someday maybe we can all go on fun vacations together minus the kids. Good to have you back blogging.

The Burninghams said...

Hello Gorgeous!!! I am new to the whole blog thing and am excited to keep more up to date with what is going on with friends. My blog is theburninghambunch.blogspot.com
xoxo
Susan

Lici said...

Hey megan, I just found your blog and I am so excited to keep in touch with you, even though we live only 30 miles apart. we need to get together! I am so jealous of your tan! Im sooooo..ready for warm weather. your little girl is darling!

Lici said...

how did you set up that cute background on your blog? tyson has been trying to figure it out for me, but no such luck.

Coco said...

megan! so cute, your little blog. i'm a big believer in blogs and the fact that it makes it so easy to keep in touch and see what's going on in our friends and families lives! ttfn!

Karla said...

Hi, I got your blog from your brother, Elder Mortensen. We just had him over for dinner tonight and I thought I would let you know what a wonderful missionary he is. My husband was just baptized in Feb and he helped teach my husband the discussions. We have really enjoyed getting to know him over the past 3 months. He has such a strong testimony of the gospel and it has been a blessing having him come to our home each week. We have come to appreciate and respect him so much and he is such an example to our family. You must be so proud of him!

Karla Miguel