I came across a picture this morning that affected me pretty strongly. A picture can definitely say a thousand words, but it can also stir up some intense emotions.
This picture: (1) made me smile. It was so much fun to let our cute babies play while getting some much needed interaction with friends. (2) amazed me at how fast my little one has grown up. Audrey would have her first birthday 2 weeks after this picture was taken. (3) made me cringe - such a hideous picture of me. (4) made me sad. How I miss each of these wonderful girls and their darling kids. (5) brought me back to despair. The time stamp on this picture indicates that I was four days into my biggest and most hellish nightmare that I have ever dealt with. You never know what life will bring and it's sad to think of all the things that were taken away from me. It's crazy that about 21 months have passed since this play group took place in September 2005. So many things have happened since that day. My new beginning will be starting shortly and it'll be interesting to see where the growth, experience and knowledge from this trial takes me. I hope the future brings many photos that give me joy and happiness.
Monday, May 21, 2007
Wave of emotions
Posted by Megan at 11:52 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Megan,
Wow! This picture is great. It did these things to me too when I saw it: made me smile, amazed me at how tiny Avery was, made me laugh that my shorts and shirt were revealing a little much in the back, and also made me sad. I miss you, Angie, and Kacey. I miss all my friends that have come and gone.
When I finished reading your post, I scrolled down a little more and saw that adorable picture of Audrey in the pool. That is a joyful and happy picture! You already have joy and happiness in Audrey, so the future can only get better.
i know. i know. love you, megan!
You are amazing. I can't believe through all of this how composed and level headed you have kept yourself. I would have been a basket case. We love you and can't wait to see you this weekend.
Hey Megan! This picture was actually taken June 9, 2005. So hopefully that is a better time to remember. I would love to add you to my blog. Audrey is very beautiful and I love her hair!
It brings back sweet memories of you and the girls! Miss you!
Post a Comment