

This weekend I flew down to San Diego with my parents to watch my brother, Clayton's, WCC (west coast conference) championship baseball games. Audrey stayed back in Rexburg and was watched by her dadddy - first time he's had her by himself for more than 5 hours. I was a little stressed about Audrey, and missed her terribly, but it was good to have some time to myself.
Friday: Clayton pitched in the first game of the series against San Diego's star pitcher. It was a tense game with Clayton getting a little roughed up in the second inning and their team falling behind 0-4. Clayton basically got ticked and then shut down SD after that. His team ended up winning 6-4 with him pitching all 9 innings and throwing better as each inning went by. I haven't felt so stressed and tense during an entire baseball game before. We all just tightened up with every pitch thrown - knowing how incredibly important this game was not only to Gonzaga but also for Clayton's draft status. What an awesome game and the best part was seeing his face after the game. He had no idea I was coming and was totally surprised to see me. So cute.
Saturday: Game 2 in much warmer and sunnier weather. I got tan lines while wearing 50 sunscreen. Yeah, my skin sucks. :) The game started out ok, but quickly went down hill. Gonzaga couldn't keep up with SD's crazy power hitting and lost 13-5.
Sunday: Game 3 started out good with Gonzaga scoring the first run. Disaster struck after that and SD killed Gonzaga 13-1. No one could hit and if they did it went right to someone. Just one of those days that absolutely nothing goes right. So, Clayton was totally bummed and Gonzaga had to wait until monday to see if they were selected for the NCAA tourney.
Monday: Espn broadcasted the selection show in the morning and GU was never announced. Gonzaga pretty much got screwed over by the good ole boys back east. Only 12 of the 64 teams were from the west. The ACC had 7 teams selected and the SEC had 6. Like football and basketball there is too much bias for the teams out east - its so freaking messed up. But, what can you do? Now Clayton gets to wait for the MLB draft June 7th (the first few rounds will be shown on ESPN2 in the morning - and we will probably see him get drafted!).
Tuesday, May 29, 2007
Baseball Rollercoaster
Posted by Megan at 8:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That's so fun that you get to go watch Clayton play baseball. I remember him and your dad always playing out back in the batting cage as I drove by heading to Joe's house :-) I am so excited to come to Idaho in a few weeks- we are staying at Joe's parents house so I will stop by to say hi...
how fun for you to go to san diego - i love it there! i hope it was therapeutic!
Post a Comment