The Backyardigans has to be my favorite children's cartoon out there. Audrey has been watching this since she was 10 or 11 months old and I haven't gotten tired of it. I think Dora, Diego, Wonder Pets, and Wow Wow Wubbzy are all cute, but I can only take so much of Dora yelling at me to help her from the tv.
Audrey started out dancing to the songs and then moved on to playing out certain episodes like 'Mission to Mars.' She would (and still does) grab an old fisher price air plane that we have, put random items inside and fly them across the room in the plane while saying, "we're going to mars."
Now Audrey has started to sing the songs. She's getting close to figuring out the theme song and her latest song is Surfs Up: "I get my board in the water and flop down on my belly, with the salt water spraying, the sea weed's kind of smelly... everybody shout ho-daddy, ho-daddy, surfs up, surfs up, ho-daddy." The song I'm hearing is: "board in the water, on belly, mmm water, mmm smelly, surfs up, surfs up, oh daddy."
I can't help but love a cartoon that has such cute songs and has sparked an interest in make-believe play and singing in my litttle girl.
Tuesday, February 27, 2007
Backyardigans
Posted by Megan at 10:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
"surfs up" is the best! i love the backyardigans too!
Post a Comment