Saturday, January 19, 2008

New Addiction


My mom was told the Ticket to Ride board game was a fun game, so she bought it for Christmas for the family. When we finally got it out and played, I was hooked instantly. This game requires strategy, a bit of luck and the amount of time to play it is usually around 30 minutes. You can go to the Days of wonder site and play for free, which is what I've been doing for the past week. Last night I spent a couple hours playing with Ashley (my maybe future sister-in-law) online.

There is definitely a gaming gene in our family. If its not Clayton (or Nathan) nerding out with Halo, Jaden with his nintendo ds, or the family with board games...it's Audrey playing with Jaden's leapster or playing "her" computer games (for 2 hours straight last night!). Audrey scolded me yesterday for playing on the computer because she wanted to play. Now that I think about it, Damon and I did some serious nintendo playing back in the day. Contra was a fun one, and MarioKart is still my favorite. Nothing like wasting hours playing games, although now we can call it family bonding with the board games. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen to the nintendo games of old. You better believe I still remember how to get 30 lifes in Contra: up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a, b, a, start! Techmo Bowl is still gotta be one of the all time greats!

Kyndra said...

When I was in grade school my brother bought a Nintendo with his own money, which meant mom and dad had no rights to it. The Nintendo meant power over the other 5 of us, plus the parents even! I remember my parents bribing my brother to let them use the Nintendo as bribery for another child! How crazy is that?

Bethany said...

Ahhh, Nintendo. We just pulled our 1st edition of Nintendo out to play at our little New Year's party. Good times! The power pad and gun still work! Games are always fun, except when it comes to playing cribbage against my Dad, he always kills me.

Lindee said...

hey megs! our family is totally hooked on trains (that's what we call it) someday when our families get together again we will have to have some serious train playin! i also hear you're one mean settlers player!