Saturday, December 8, 2007

She did what?!


My three-year thinks she knows how to play games on the computer. She has spent hours watching my nephew use the computer. Lately she has wanted us to bring up this Nicktoons basketball game and then has clicked and clicked until the game ends. Yesterday I asked her to come out of the den and she said, "just a minute." She then pushes a couple buttons, the game disappears off screen, and she jumps off her chair and says, "I did it!" Um...ok, did she really understand how to get the game off the screen or was that a fluke? I'm still not sure about that one. Last night she sat at the computer for a good hour and a half clicking away on a Pajama Sam game. This time I realized that she has figured out how to guide the mouse and click on what she wants. That particular game doesn't require much more than clicking on things you want to see and places you want to go, so she totally can play the game. Weird. I've gotten a kick out of watching her use the computer today.

Also, last night I went back into the den after she had been in there playing on the computer and saw that she had been busy doing some other things too. I had wrapped a few presents (none for her), and she had decided to unwrap them all for me. Funny girl. She hasn't been one to get into things or destroy things so this was a new experience. She was pretty proud of herself. We've had a few discussions today about presents, so hopefully she'll leave the presents alone that are under the tree!

4 comments:

Bethany said...

That is so funny! I can't believe she can play computer games. She's smart to realize what the mouse does! Little cutie.

Kyndra said...

Lexi likes to click around on my computer too, and once she sent an email for me since my account was open!

I can't believe how grown up Audrey looks in this picture!

Jordan and Jandee said...

Yes its weird how small children are better with computers/technology than my parents. My cousin Jake has a daughter that is 18 months old, she can put on a DVD and play it, she even can fast forward through the previews and she answers your cell phone when it rings. pretty crazy.

Mike, Jess, Elijah, Julia and Amelie said...

Megan! I came upon your blog when looking at Kyndra's. So good to get caught up with all that you and Audrey have been up to! Wow, Audrey has really grown up. So happy that things are going well. Lots of love to you!