Sunday, November 18, 2007

Preparation

In order to prepare for Thanksgiving this year, I've decided to go healthy for the next 4 days (starting today). This mostly means that I'm trying to give up sweets for 4 days in a row - not an easy feat for me. I have a serious sweet tooth, and I wanted to see if I could fight the addiction with a good reward on Thanksgiving. I love turkey, stuffing and potatoes & gravy, but the item I'm most looking forward to is my mom's lemon meringue pie. Totally yummy. I could eat the whole pie by myself. :)

The other part of my healthy kick these 4 days is to eat more fruits and veggies (carrots will probably be the veggie) and working out more efficiently at the gym. I can only leave Audrey at the gym's day care for 1 1/2 hours and I usually get caught up lifting too long and then not doing cardio long enough (since the better fat burning way is to lift and then do cardio - per my trainer). So, my goal this week is to lift faster so the cardio doesn't suffer! Hopefully this little plan of mine will help so that I'm not totally fighting the bulge after Thursday.

1 comments:

angie said...

4 days?!? you crack me up!