Just got back yesterday from a 4-day visit to St. Louis and a 2-day road trip back home. The plan was to visit my aunt, catch some cardinals games, and drive back home with my brother since his season had just ended. The Cards happened to be playing the Marlins, which worked out perfectly. My other brother's friend (Matt) is in his second year of pitching for the Marlins, so he hooked us up with tickets for Friday and Saturday's games. Clayton thought he might be able to get tickets through his buddies that had been called up with the Cards, but most of them had family there and others just didn't pan out.
Friday's game turned out absolutely perfect even though the Cards lost. We sat by one of the Marlins' player's family and Fox Sports interviewed some family member during the game like right next to me. That particular player ended up scoring the winning run. We saw two of Clayton's buddies pitch and both ended up giving up runs. Since the Marlins pulled ahead in the 11th inning, that gave Matt the opportunity to come into the game and close it out. It ended up being Matt's first MLB Save, which was just awesome to see. We didn't see him after the game, but did after Saturday's game. It's just crazy to see someone you know harrassed for autographs. Weird.
Monday Clayton and I embarked on a 1368-mile road trip back home. First day we logged 12 1/2 hours and made it to Cheyenne, WY. All I can say about that day is Nebraska = green trees and an absurd amount of corn. The second day we made it home in 8 hours up through Jackson, WY. The only pictures I took of the road trip were around Jackson, but nothing else is really worth remembering. (Eastern WY = barren waste land) I made the drive, albeit a different way, to and from St. Louis 10 years ago when I did my accounting internship there. I don't think I need to make that drive again. :)






2 comments:
i think i remember matt lindstrom from some of my visits up there. very surreal.
what a long drive! how long is clay staying in the burg?
Megan i am coming home this weekend. good news. and it looks like you had alot of fun! sorry to hear about the bad email you replied too. makes you wonder huh. who is that weird to do things like that. ag they need to get a life!
Post a Comment