Monday, May 19, 2008

Yay for Sun!

This weekend we very much enjoyed the nice weather. Eighty degrees, sun and little wind - what more could we ask for? Too bad the rest of this week is going to be crappy. Friday we went to my nephew's field day. I remember LOVING field day - coming home with ribbons from the events was so cool. This year they had an olympic theme and each class represented a different county. They had an opening ceremony/parade and played all the countries national anthems. Families came for a picnic lunch and then they had their events. Audrey was in heaven with the playground and totally wore herself out. She also got her first sunburn on her arms. I was super careful with sunscreen last year, so I feel bad seeing her red arms.

Saturday we went and swam with our awesome neighbors for a couple hours. Audrey actually let one of the other grownups play with her in the pool for a while, so hopefully we're making stides with being friendly.

I also read The Host, by stephenie meyer, this weekend and loved it. This book is about an alien that takes over a woman's body. This book is similar in a way to the twilight series (of coarse) and it draws you in just like the other 3 books did. I'm not a huge reader, but I do like to read books that interest me. My problem is that I get too impatient to see how it ends and thus end up doing nothing else until I'm done with the book. Last night I read the book and watched the desperate housewives finale at the same time. :)


Loving every minute
The older kids' favorite thing to do

Another favorite - snacks!

5 comments:

mandy said...

I'm with you on the warm weather and field day! I loved the egg toss and some event involving a skateboard which I can't remember the details of. My Mom just bought The Host on CD and she was worried about it being too "weird." Hopefully she likes it, too!

Lici said...

I loved the warm weather! It just needs to stick around longer than a couple of days. That book sounds interesting. I'll have to read it. I'm like you, once I start reading, I have to hurry and finish it. My poor family gets neglected in the process.

ashley said...

Oh oh oh! i am so glad she came out with a new book, Sometime i will get the time to read it! I hear its pretty darn good! Also audrey is loving the sun, jealous, its been rainy the last two days and its suppose to snow tomorrow. bush! i know!

camille said...

Oh, the pool looks wonderful! I can't wait until it warms up here!

Lee Family said...

Hi Megan
It is hilarious the New York/Boston rivalry. I confess I'm getting caught up in it.
I too LOVED field day. It was the best day ever. I remember Sherry Barrett and I wore matching Ocean Pacific sweater vests for field day. COooooooool!
Are you doing accounting?
good to hear from ya.